Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It's been a long week...

well...I'm working on my second week of work and finally getting back into the groove. I really didn't miss it, but I do like the money hahaha! I've been crazy busy all week long with work, scrapbooking classes, a convention meeting, and helping my mom move a ceramic business from Winnipeg!!! I'm so looking forward to doing a little scrapbooking this weekend at the Brandon Scrapbookers Convention...I just have to get my class stuff ready.


Last week, on my first day back at work we had a grass fire near our house which burned a lot of area. It went about 1/2 a mile long and I'm not sure how wide. Take a look. It came close to the house but luckily did not touch it. We do have a burn patch on our lawn however. It started out on the road, but no one knows how it started. But with this weather it's going to be dangerous until we get some moisture.
This was what our yard looks like. I had just taken this picture when we went back to see how close the fire got to the house.
This was the second wave of fire. They had it all under control and then got their truck stuck in the slough that the wind started it up on the opposite side. We had just gone home and Marc was watering down the tree line when I saw a little flame behind him and went outside to warn hime and this is the second fire.
This is a picture from down our lane looking toward the house. It burned quite a big area
This is from that second blaze. Heading past our house.

1 comment:

cindy said...

I'm so glad you guys are alright. Here's hoping for rain!